Monday, January 16, 2006

Remodeling -- a few photos

Okay -- they aren't the greatest; I haven't figured out how to take stills from the movies, but the camcorder has the ability to take still shots, so I utilized that. LOL
However, it used the flash, so the room looks brighter than it really is, which I think takes away from the Myst-ishness of it. Oh well.

Hopefully you can see the 'flower' lights, the leaves on the ceiling fan, etc. As I've said, perhaps others won't think this is Myst-ish at all, but I do, and I guess that's all that counts.

http://loriendil.com/graphics/LR1a.jpg

http://loriendil.com/graphics/LR2a.jpg (with dog LOL)

http://loriendil.com/graphics/LR3a.jpg

http://loriendil.com/graphics/LR4a.jpg

11 Comments:

At 16 January, 2006, Blogger Journo June aka MamaBear said...

VERY lovely! I have no idea what Myst is, so I have no input on that! ;-)

 
At 16 January, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

Thanks, June.

Myst is a game -- actually a series of games. Myst, Riven, Myst III:Exile, Myst IV:Revelation, Uru, and Myst V:End of Ages.

More info here: http://www.cyanworlds.com/index.php

 
At 18 January, 2006, Blogger smr said...

You did beautiful-Lee!! :^) But now your house is too clean for me to visit... lol ~Su (not Samm any more)

 
At 19 January, 2006, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Looks great!!! Very Myst-ish, in my opinion. :)
Camy

 
At 19 January, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

Thanks, all! Su, why not Samm anymore.
Camy -- how's the knee?

 
At 20 January, 2006, Blogger Mih said...

Hey Lee!
I can definitley spot the pieces with the "Myst Flavour!"
Very cool!
:o)
Thank you for taking the time to share these.
It's always fun to get a view into the environments of friends.
mih-

 
At 20 January, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

Thanks, Mih!

Think any of us could sneak up some souvenirs from D'ni on a trip to the cavern? ;-)

 
At 20 January, 2006, Blogger Llydis said...

The white paint is kind of off to the decor of the room. I suggest more earthy tones for the paint.

I can see what you're trying to do.

 
At 20 January, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Arluss. The room doesn't look white -- it's the flash that brightens everything up.

Once I get the software I need to pull stills from my camcorder, I can get some good shots that aren't 'flashed-out.'

 
At 23 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeeeeeeeee!!
The fan and flower lights are indeed extremely cool!!!! Very Riven/Jungle Isle. Love it.
Plus the two paintings up on the walls in the first pic makes me think of the Myst library... So if you touch one the front door closes and the bookshelf becomes a set of stairs, right? ^______^

--Ronda/Tainry

 
At 23 January, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

Thanks, Ronda!

LOL about the paintings. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home