Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Vacuums -- my bane

Someday I'm going to go postal on vacuums.

My husband is under the weather so I put my foot down and told him I would be cleaning the whole church (we're the custodians and normally split the church in half to get the job done in half the time -- the only time I've heard of a church split being a good thing).

Did fine. Till I got to the vacuuming. My vacuum broke a belt.
*sigh*
That's okay. I'll pull out the one my husband uses. It has a shorter cord and doesn't suck as well, but it will do.
NOT.
It spits. Really. Everything it sucked up it spit out.
I changed the bag and checked the filter. Tried again. It still spit.
By this time I was ready to spit too.
I got out the old stand-by that we avoid like the plague.
Short cord and it reminded me of that old Cat Stevens' song, "Fill My Eyes," because it's wheels don't roll. So I shoved it around the sanctuary and lobby. My arm hurts from muscling it, but at least it got the job done.

Now to hope my vacuum isn't so old that finding a belt for it won't create another headache...

2 Comments:

At 27 December, 2005, Blogger BeckyJoie said...

Too funny! I also struggled with a vaccuum today. It was one of those ten dollar jobs that is portable-well, sort of. You strap it over your shoulder and carry it around as far as the plug- in chord will let you go. The wand is so cheap that it falls apart and when you bend over to put it back together, the vaccum you had strapped over your shoulder slides off and lands on your hand that is trying to put the wand back together. Youch. Now I have pink knuckles. The vaccuum sucks in more than one way, LOL. Good luck getting parts and better luck vaccuuming, LOL.

 
At 06 January, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

Sorry for the late reply. Those are the types of vacuums that you want to use for target practice. With a shotgun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home