Saturday, September 18, 2010

Calling Comcast Customer Service

Our internet keeps fuzzing out for a few minutes at a time, so I called Comcast to see what was going on (after doing all the double-check things like unplugging the router, resetting the modem...).

The first time, I got disconnected because the phone is also hooked up through the same modem.

I called a second time from my cell phone and right after getting the notice that it was less than a minute till my call would be taken, they hung up on me.

I called a third time and they said they didn't recognize my home number, then said if I wanted to take a survey after talking to a tech, to press 1, if I didn't, press 2.
I pressed 1 and got a repeat: if I wanted to take a survey after talking to a tech, to press 1, if I didn't, press 2.
I pressed 1 and got a repeat: if I wanted to take a survey after talking to a tech, to press 1, if I didn't, press 2.
I pressed 1 and got a repeat: if I wanted to take a survey after talking to a tech, to press 1, if I didn't, press 2.
I pressed 2 and then was put in a queue to talk to someone.

Talked to a tech and explained the problem; she said she was in Mississippi and couldn't do a check of my modem and was going to transfer me to my area.

Talked to in-my-area-tech with thick accent who said he checked my modem and it's fine, it's the wiring, so they need to send a tech to my house. I say fine, when - they set up a time on Monday and then before hanging up, Mr Thick Accent says "Have a good evening." I look out the door to see morning sunshine - they passed me to a tech in MY AREA????

:headdesk:

So, since pressing 1 didn't work, this is as close as I can get to letting Comcast know I am not a happy camper.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 20 September, 2010, Blogger ComcastCares1 said...

Sorry for the trouble. Please feel free to reach out to me if you still need help.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home