Monday, August 13, 2007

Back from England

Just a quick overview for now of the two-week England trip for those who have asked. I'll probably post bits and pieces over the next couple of weeks as I think of things.

We stayed in Redcar the first week, a lovely, little fishing town and went to the Lakes District, York, Whitby, and a little, not-well-known place called The Forbidden Corner, which is a place every Myst fan should visit:
The Forbidden Corner
Forbidden Corner

The second week we stayed in London. We went to Oxford, Stratford-Upon-Avon, and Warwick Castle (I saw a real trebuchet!!!), the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, took a cruise on the Thames, saw London Bridge (the new one, the old one is in Arizona of all places), the Tower Bridge, walked over the Wibbly-Wobbly Bridge Over The River Thames (the Millennium Bridge), saw St. Paul's Cathedral (that excited my daughter because that's where they filmed the "Feed the Birds" part of Mary Poppins), and just saw tons of sights in London while walking, such as Trafalgar Square (she climbed on one of the lions), Piccadilly Circus, St. James Park, and Hyde Park. She also got to ride an omnibus, taxi (grrr -- the service to take us to Heathrow didn't show up and I had to get a taxi at a cost of £60!), and tube (subway).

Best of all, I got to meet My Physicist in person! w00t!!
I also got lots'n'lots of scathingly brilliant ideas for stories and descriptions! Heh.

That's the short version. There's lots of catching up to do at home, so more later...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 13 August, 2007, Blogger Khatie said...

Pix! We need to see pix! Screenshot or it didn't happen! I would love to see a picture of two of my favourite people in the whole world in the same picture.

Sounds like you had a lovely time, welcome home! Now I want to go...

<3

 
At 13 August, 2007, Blogger smr said...

Woo-hoo, sounds great! Except for the last-minute taxi expense. :^/ And I agree with khatie -- pictures are a requirement as proof of your adventures... lol hugs and welcome home! ~Samm/Su

 
At 13 August, 2007, Blogger smr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home