Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Miracle-working G-d

I've been mulling this over the last few days while trying to handle various crises that have cropped up.
And now, it's time to write.

I recently came across a Christian who believes that G-d does not do miracles anymore. This stunned me. Especially right now. You see, my younger son's birthday was last weekend. He's now 23. I sent up many praises for his life as we celebrated this event.

The day after he was born he had grand mal seizures and was flown to a hospital in Wilmington. After X-Rays, CT scans, sonograms, and what-have-you, the neurosurgeon told us he had a malformation of blood vessels between the hemispheres of the brain, he'd have to have a shunt put in, he'd be severely mentally retarded, and would probably die by the age of 4 or 5.

I'll cut out the long story.
Short version: he was taken to CHOP (Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania). Meanwhile, we and our church were all praying our guts out! CHOP did their own tests. The neurosurgeon at CHOP showed me side-by-side the scans from the other hospital and their scans. The brains did not look the same. The CHOP scans all showed a normal brain. This atheist surgeon could not explain this phenomenon. He'd double-checked, they were the right scans for the right baby. He refused to believe a Higher Power could have done a healing work.

But we know better. And I give all the praise to G-d for giving me my son, letting me see him grow up, marry, and just two weeks ago, preach his first sermon.

My G-d is still in the miracle-working business, regardless of what the Sadducees say. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

3 Comments:

At 17 August, 2006, Blogger Shannon McNear said...

Awesome ... just awesome! \o/

 
At 09 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of him! I aways knew he would preach one day :) And you writting and being published! Wow! And the whole gymnastic thing too...I am glad to see you all doing so well.
My love to all,
Annamarie

 
At 09 October, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

Annamarie!!!

Call! Contact me! I've wondered how you are!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home