Tuesday, May 02, 2006

New Month, New Beginnings

Lots of changes in our household in the last few weeks.

My daughter is at a new gym, which is costing us more in tuition and gas, cuz it's farther away, but she's getting awesome coaching and I'm seeing great advances.
I'm no longer coaching, so when I take her to her new gym, I sit for four hours. This is wonderful as I take my laptop and work.
Finances are tighter now, of course, but I know we'll be fine. We just can't do things like eat out once in a great while, and I'm having to pull the budget strings tighter in other ways.
But then, this is the woman who fed her family of five on $20 a week back in '85. So this isn't as great a challenge.

I am glad that I have been able to maintain some friendships from the old gym -- most of the people there are wonderful. Although keeping in touch with them with all of us having very different but busy schedules will be difficult. I hope we don't fall out of touch.

Ray Gun Revival is getting closer to it's debut, and we're getting submissions already as well as working on our short story serials. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed -- the other three authors are so much better than I am; I don't want to pull the quality of the serials down.
I can't wait for the unveiling of our website. Yes, I know, the website is already there, but it's sort of a placeholder. Our fourth Overlord is a web designer and graphics artist, and I've seen what he can do. The peeks at the site design have been mind-blowingly amazing!

I'm readying my 'first' (not my first one written, but the first of the series) novel to send off to a publisher, and I'm going to work on getting an agent. Just about futile, but I have to try. Of course that means things like writing a synopsis and chapter summaries, so whatever an agent asks for I have handy. Ick. At least it gives me experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home