Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I'm back --

-- and you didn't even know I was gone!

I had no internet connection from Friday to Monday. My ISP halted service without giving us notice due to 'interference.' Yesterday they came out and replaced a splitter that they claim caused all the trouble. Now my connection is slower -- and intermittent. *snort*

Hm, can you imagine being on the way to work and being stopped because they claim your emissions are too high and impound your car. No notice, no apology, too bad if you can't get to work, and give us a call to set up a time to work on your car. We'll get it back to you in a few days to a week, whenever our schedule is convenient. Then you get back your car, your gas mileage is significantly reduced and your car stalls every so often.

And these guys have a monopoly on cable broadband in the area.
Gotta love it.

4 Comments:

At 11 April, 2006, Blogger BeckyJoie said...

Wouldn't happen to be Sprint would it? I thought they only caused problems here in Florida.

 
At 11 April, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

Nope. :-)

 
At 12 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have suggestions but I would imagine that this place has rules about violent technician based suffering....

 
At 12 April, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

Email me. Even if they're unusable, they might be fodder for a story. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home