Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Ups and Downs

The anthology Distant Passages: The Best from Double-Edged Publishing 2005 with my short story in it arrived yesterday. It looks great, and how awesome to read my story in print!

The moment was marred by a phone call however. I don't know who's telling tales, but someone from the place I was working until this week has stabbed me in the back. I had tried to leave without having hard feelings, but I guess someone didn't like that idea.

I called my best buddy for over 30 years, Starsky, and talked with her about it, so I feel some better. I'm glad I have one person I can talk to about personal things like that. I just wish she didn't live over 600 miles away. It gets stinkin' lonely sometimes...

6 Comments:

At 26 April, 2006, Blogger Shannon McNear said...

{{{{{{{{{{Lee}}}}}}}}}}} So not surprised they did this to you ... but I'm glad to hear that Moke is home and doing better.

I tried to IM this morning but I guess Yahoo was being flaky and you didn't get it ...

 
At 26 April, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

{{{{{Lee}}}}} Sorry about the gripey people and glad to hear your pup's doing better!

 
At 26 April, 2006, Blogger BeckyJoie said...

Congrats on your accomplishment. I hope and pray the other stuff gets better too.

 
At 27 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've said it once and I shall say it again...

You hold the torch and I shall look for my pitchfork!

 
At 29 April, 2006, Blogger Mirtika said...

Backstabbed? :( People can be totally petty and rotten. Sorry.

Mocosita. Hah. I call myself that with family sometimes, because of my chronic, annoying, pain in the neck, from babyhood allergies. Mocosita Mirtika. ; )

If you ever spoke to me on the phone, you'd hear me sound stuffy and clear my throat or cough a lot. I'm the "other" Mocosita.

Love the name.
Hate the backstabber.

Oh, wait, we're supposed to love our enemies.

NO NO NO. I want to hate the backstabber.

Okay, I pray that it'll be worked out and you'll have an apology soon.

Mocosita Mir

 
At 02 May, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

Oh boy, Mir is a Moke too?

An apology? Won't happen. I don't have proof who did the backstabbing -- it was one of several people, and since I'm out of the situation, and won't likely see those people much again, I doubt if I will.

But the L-rd is giving me healing, and I'm moving on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home