Monday, March 13, 2006

Uru Live!

Not many people read my blog, so I don't know how much this can help, but hopefully some Myst/Uru fans will read this.

Uru Live, as most Uru fans know, was cancelled before it even got started. We only have Until Uru now. We now have a chance to get Uru Live going! Rand Miller has posted about it on the D'ni Guild forums (D'ni Guild Forums >Cyan Products > Until Uru Forums > Another Note From Rand).

An excerpt of what he wrote:
We're still moving forward with (all together now) "cautious optimism". The third party that is providing the limited funding for Until Uru is still evaluating the possibility of renewing full blown Uru Live, and the process involves seeing how many people respond to the D'mala shard invitation.

With that in mind I'd like to ask for your help. Until Uru is an unpublicized, grass-roots effort, and as such, the only way that many of the thousands of people who purchased Uru will even know about Until Uru is through word-of-mouth. Now is the time to spread the word. If you know people who have Uru but haven't tried the online aspect of it, please send them an invitation and encourage them to get a taste of it through Until Uru. And if you know Myst fans who haven't tried Uru at all, encourage them to pick up a copy of Complete Chronicles (at Amazon for as little as $4USD) and join the gathering. We do want new people to realize that they're not playing Uru Live, but this would be a great time for them to get a glimpse of what Uru Live will look like.

With that in mind, if anyone wishes an invitation to join us in the Cavern and get a feel for what we could have if Uru Live is revived, just post a comment here, or email me (my email addy is on my main website listed in the column to the right).

"The ending has not yet been written."

6 Comments:

At 15 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope to get up and running by the end of the weekend...keep up the good work of letting people know!

 
At 23 March, 2006, Blogger BeckyJoie said...

Hey, how's that book title coming!

 
At 23 March, 2006, Blogger Stuart said...

oooh crazy...

someday I'll have to give Uru a try. Never was a big fan of the other Myst titles, but that was mainly due to the first-person interface (always prefered 3rd person adventure gaming myself).

 
At 23 March, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

Uru is cool because you can choose first or third person. I adore it -- especially the online experience.

I can remember when playing the solo-game, standing on a balcony over the deserted city, wishing I could meet other explorers. Then in the onlie version, I stood on that same balcony, looking down, across the canyon at the buildings and seeing people running to and fro, and calling to them. It was an awesome experience.

Playing solo now seems so lonely...

 
At 23 March, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

Hey Beckyjoie -- I've tentatively called the story "Reluctant Allies."

Now I'm working on the next short story in the series...

 
At 10 April, 2008, Blogger Papa G said...

Hey, I'm reading your blog now! Found it on google.

Well check out my blog, urulive.blogspot.com. Almost no one reads that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home