Wednesday, August 24, 2005

More about my garden...

Despite needed to be weeded (severely!), my garden is beautiful.

The mimosa tree in the center of the garden has grown and the waving fronds lend an exotic look to the place. The yarrow has grown as tall as the monarda and the sedum is tall and green, soon it will begin to turn red. The hyacinth beans have taken over the arbor entrance to the garden. A sweet scent often wafts across the yard from the honeysuckle overgrowing the fence between the front and back yard.

As I set about doing a little weeding this morning, I wondered if that's how my Heavenly Father looks at me. He sees the overall beauty first, then focuses on a patch that needs to be weeded.

4 Comments:

At 24 August, 2005, Blogger Bill said...

I like that thought a lot Lee.

I have two questions for you:

1) When are you going to post some pictures of your garden? I didn't know mimosa was a tree --- I'm picturing an orange tree with champagne flutes dangling from the branches.

2) Can you come work on my garden? It needs someone who knows what the heck they are doing.

 
At 24 August, 2005, Blogger Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Yes, please post pictures, Lee! It sounds just beautiful. And you as a garden have gone through lots of weedings so you are looking beautiful, too!

I'm so grateful that God is willing to spend time weeding us!

 
At 25 August, 2005, Blogger smr said...

You make me miss my mimosa! Okay, so it was 1978 the last time I saw it, but I love mimosa trees. I don't think I'll bother trying to get one to grow here; school started here today, and now both of my kids are in high school. Four more years 'til I plunk that "for sale" sign in our front yard! ~Samm-I-Amm-sorry-it's-taken-me-so-long-to-find-your-blog!

 
At 25 August, 2005, Blogger L. S. King said...

Pictures? That means actually finding my camera, checking to see if the film loaded in it from last year (or was it the year before?) is still in it and walking outside to take the shots.
Then finishing the roll of film, and remembering to take it in to be developed THEN remembering to pick it up.
Huh. Likely.

And no, I don't have a digital.

Er, and Bill, about #2 -- that sounds very much like an invitation. Not a wise thing to do to a Myster, y'know. Never know what will show up on your doorstep...
;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home