Wednesday, October 05, 2005

stray thoughts

My my, I'm so neglectful of this poor blog. Some mindless straggles of thought, then, just to post...

  • I love a good, hot cup of tea. I can totally identify with Dent in "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" when he finally gets to have a cup of tea, and after the first sip murmurs, "Lovely."
  • I'm reading the book Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss -- I love it!
  • Cyan is up and running -- at least for now. *whew*
  • I miss Fractured Fairy Tales.
  • I finally found a photo online of the painting that had me so awed when I saw it back in the '70s when the Hermitage toured the US. "View of Constantinople by Moonlight" by Ivan Konstantinovich Aivazovsky:
    http://loriendil.com/graphics/aivazovsky_constantinople.jpg
    The photo does not do it justice. It fills a huge wall and is incredible in vibrant color and detail. I doubt I'll ever get to the see the real thing again, but at least I can look at this and sigh in remembered joy.
  • Autumn has finally arrived. That special nippy tang in the air is here. I love this time of year. Wish I had more time to just walk about outside and enjoy it. I'd really love the chance to walk through the woods and try to find hobbits and ents. I've never found any yet, but this is the time of year to really look...
  • I missed Frodo and Bilbo's birthday this year. *sigh* Belated Happy Birthday to both of them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home