Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Whooo!

I'm still jazzed about selling two short stories.

I'm so used to the 'good writing but this doesn't meet our needs' letters that in both cases I had to read it through twice before realizing it wasn't a nicely worded rejection.

I never thought I could write short stories, my ideas always tends to turn to tomes. But I'm finding I can tuck lots of details in and still get the info and impact I want. I learned that when I cut 8 1/2 chapters of backstory from the beginning of my novel and had to tuck all those details in without info-dumping.It's an art, and I'm beginning to like it...

2 Comments:

At 01 June, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hip hip hooooraaaaayyyyy!!!!

congratulations, you short story selling gal!

els

 
At 01 June, 2005, Blogger Shannon McNear said...

Yay, Lee!!

(I had to comment, just to prove to you I read your blog. *eg*)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home