Sunday, May 29, 2005

Celebration!

I sold a short story to Deep Magic this week. I was so excited about it but at the same time I felt weighed down.

I had found a major plot blunder in the first book of my SF series and had to cut the last 43,000 words or so and write them all over again. I salvaged some scenes but had to write some of it from scratch.
That project has loomed over me for a couple of weeks now, but tonight I finished it!

Now I can celebrate doubly -- having the short story published and getting the novel finished (again)!
Whoooo!

1 Comments:

At 29 May, 2005, Blogger L. S. King said...

Hi Jacel!

The submission process is very painless for DM. They spell out what they want clearly and make it easy.
The guidelines are here:http://submissions.deep-magic.net/v2/guidelines.php

It doesn't take long to hear back from them, either -- less than a month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home