Friday, August 13, 2010

a very strange feeling

I love to reread novels. A scene will pop in my head and I'll think, "Gotta get that book out and reread it!" Nothing like curling up with a hot cuppa and a good book, after all.

At times I do this with my stories as well although it's not so cozy. I'll pull up the manuscript and have to sit at the computer to reread at least the section that had scurried through my mind.

This morning I remembered a scene that was one of my favorites and I sat down at the computer to pull up the story and stopped with a shock: it was already in print!

So with a very strange feeling of my mind being boggled, I picked up my own book and sat down in a chair with a cuppa and began to read Deuces Wild.

It's the little things in life you treasure...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 13 August, 2010, Blogger Phy said...

I was casting around last night for something very specific. I dug up some of the fantasy stuff I wrote pre-TSP. It was funny, stylish and very cool.

 
At 13 August, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, so wonderful!

 
At 13 August, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful! What a terrific way to start a day.

 
At 13 August, 2010, Blogger L. S. King said...

Thanks, John and Angie.

Phy, so do I get to read any of it?

 
At 13 August, 2010, Anonymous R. L. Copple said...

Sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home