Sunday, December 17, 2006

Back...

...from Williamsburg Virginia.

Our daughter had a gymnastics meet there and this was our longest trip so far traveling to a meet. Almost 4 hours.

She did all right. The judging was hard, but she still had decent scores, however -- she got a 9.2 on beam, which is her highest beam score yet! We're very proud of her!

I am glad to be home though -- even though the hotel was nice.

We had locals who engaged us in conversation during breakfast. A nice lady modestly dressed, bonnet and all, who discussed manners and how to properly raise daughter to marry in old colonial Williamsburg, and also a very proper gentlemen in leggings, tricorn hat, and carrying a walking stick, who discussed his tavern, his small farm with nine slaves, and his horses.
*smile*

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 18 December, 2006, Blogger Shannon McNear said...

And of course you couldn't share this with me last night?? ;-)

I would looooove to visit Colonial Williamsburg ...

Oh, and they're breeches, not leggings. *grin*

 
At 18 December, 2006, Blogger Shannon McNear said...

Oh yes ... and I'm very happy you made the trip and returned safely .... {{{{{{{{{Lee}}}}}}}}}}

 
At 18 December, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

Well, sorry. I dunno what to call 'em. They just had either stockings from knee to ankle or what I termed leggings or gaiters. But I bow to the superior knowledge of a historical writer. Breeches. Right. I learned something new. *grin*

 
At 19 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Upon my oath... I do wonder whether the two of you would spontaneously combust if you were actually set down here.

Of course it would be superbly funny to watch. ;)

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

We have met in person, my dear Dar'nay, and my house did not suffer the results of combustion.
;-)

However, considering the way we can carry on about our characters, I can imagine any conversation of ours that was being eavesdropped on would be...entertaining.

 
At 20 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, dear lady I was talking about you both being set down Here.

...as in Europe. You know? Where the History comes from?

*snerkles and ducks*

 
At 20 December, 2006, Blogger L. S. King said...

You offering?

 
At 20 December, 2006, Blogger Shannon McNear said...

Oh. In that case, what you are describing is called gaiters. *grin* I was thinking "leggings" as in the upper part of the leg, which is covered by breeches, or at least I should hope so. :-B

Next time, milady, pray be more specific.

*blinks at Dar'nay* And I echo Lee ... you offering??

*mutters to self* Ladies do not combust ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home